Heavy Rain – 14:00 p.m.
Orange vigilance "HEAVY RAINS - THUNDERSTORMS"
The islands of Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin are currently under the influence of a cold front, located northwest of the Arc, which generates a mass of humid and unstable air giving heavy showers.
Saint-Barthélémy was mainly affected this morning. The showers will continue and may locally take on a stormy character. Rainfall accumulations of the order of 50 mm in 3 hours are to be feared this afternoon and during the next night on the two islands.
The Prefect of Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin asks everyone to adopt the following preventive measures:
- Find out before starting a trip and be very careful.
- Avoid hill walks and hikes.
- If you live in a flood zone, secure your property that could be damaged and watch for rising water.
- If your home may be threatened by a landslide, leave it or prepare to evacuate it quickly.
- In the event of a storm: avoid using telephones and electrical devices. Do not take shelter in a wooded area, near pylons or poles, or under an isolated tree.
3,404 total views, 3 views today